Saturday, September 17, 2011

Let me introduce myself...

So this is the universe of blogging, eh? I'm new at this, so please, bear with me. :)
First of all, my name is Abby and like my "About Me" says, I'm from a small town in Indiana. I was born and raised here and even though sometimes it is drop dead boring to live here, it's my home. We do things like go to high school football games and have bonfires and cornmazes to entertain ourselves. However, even though this is the country, there are still a few of us fashionistas running around. Do I really call myself a fashionista? No, not really. I'm not that glamorous. There are days when I run around in sweatpants with greasy hair and no makeup. (Please, do not judge me! I love my sweatpants... The greasy hair is a rare occurrence, but I have to admit, it does happen.) But I do love makeup, and hair, and fashion. For the past year or so I have taken quite an interest in fashion and beauty blogs as well as tutorials on youtube. You can blame them for my inspiration to start blogging. :)
I am currently a semester away from having my Associates degree in Business and then next fall I will be attending cosmetology school. I hope to someday run my own salon. It's taken me awhile to realize, but that's my dream. As long as I can remember, I've wanted to be a cosmetologist. Life just kept getting in the way though. I graduated high school, moved on to college, found an amazing boyfriend, got a good job and BAM!! next thing I know I wake up one morning and realize that I've been living life half-assed. My problem is that I just let life take control, instead of me taking control of my life. So this is me, taking control. :) I'm going to be a cosmetologist and a damn good one at that. (Someday.)
As for what I do right now (as I finish up my associates degree), I am a teller at a local credit union. I like my job. I work with some great people and being a teller is generally quite an easy job. But like I said before, it's not my dream. Through all of this there stands my rock; my boyfriend. He is my best friend, my mentor, my lover, my everything. We've been together for about 2 and a half years now and I see many more great years with him. I also have quite an amazing family if I do say so myself. :) I have two wonderfully beautiful and talented sisters who I can honestly say are my best friends, and two amazing parents. I don't know where I would be without them. My parents have shown me so much love, even when I didn't deserve it. They will always be my beacon of light, my guidance. I am so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life!

Whoa. I read back over this and realize two things; first of all, there is a lot to digest in this one blog posting. Sorry for the long-winded-ness. And second, I have not even gotten around to explaining this blog!
My hope for this blog is, as of right now, a little foggy. I don't know where I'm going to head with it. Fashion/beauty postings? Everday, out and about occurrences? Or maybe a little of everything...? I'm leaning towards the latter. :) But we'll see.
So this wraps up my first blog posting.
Goodbye blog universe.
For now. :)

-Abby D

P.S. I would love any feedback. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Abby! Welcome to blogging! Love the intro :). If only you had a Bloglovin button, I would definitely follow you - my GoogleFriendConnect doesn't really work that well for me since I'm on Wordpress:(.
    Also, thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for checking it out! I'll look into the BlogLovin. :) I'm not quite sure how to go about setting it up...

    ReplyDelete